Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflection on 2007

It's the last day for the year, so I think it's a good time to reflect on the year 2007. For me personally, 2007 has overall been a very good year. And I think my family members are likely to view the year as being a good & memorable one, too:

My sister got married in a wonderful God-centered ceremony at the end of March. So, she gained a good godly husband.
My parents gained a son-in-law - & me & my 2 brothers gained a brother-in-law.
One of my brothers has just graduated from medicine.
The other brother got baptised in April.

So, I thank God for those great things which have happened to my family members.
Besides that, there are also other things which I am thankful to God for:

# For blessing me with friends, including friends at church & my Bible study group.
# For all His blessings on my friends & loved ones, & for taking good care of them.
# For the people involved at various activities for my church & Bible study group, which include preaching, Bible study leading/facilitating. Also, thank God for looking after those who have gone away on short-term missions trips & for blessing the time they had.
# For growing & maturing my Christian brothers & sisters.
# For all the fellowships I have had with my Christian brothers & sisters.
# For my cousin-in-law's salvation.
# And for various other things which have currently escaped my mind! (Haha, not a bad idea to insert a "catch-all" point, eh??)

Okay, I've talked about memorable things for my family members. What about me? Well, I started a blog - this one. Actually, 2 blogs - but the other one being a photo blog (at Multiply). Besides that, I have also rekindled my passion in reading crime fiction novels, so I may include book reviews/reflections on this blog in the future.

Apart from blogging & getting back to crime fiction reading, there hasn't been that much about me that has radically changed.
Physically, I'm still the same. Whether that's good or bad, I'll leave it to others to decide!. Spiritually (including my relationship with God), it's been so-so, not much has changed (haven't backslided, but haven't grown exponentially either). Again, I'll let my friends judge me on that. One thing I can definitely say is that I've become more & more interested in learning more about missions, hence why I've been attending the various Missions Encouragement Meetings. I will continue to attend MEMs as often as I can. And may God continue to grow my interest & knowledge of missions.

I also realise that some people may not look on 2007 quite as fondly as I would. I can think of at least 1 friend who has not found 2007 quite up to expectations. I hope & pray that these people will have a better year next year, trust that God knows what is best & trust that He will continue to bless them.

Again, this year has been pretty good for me. As we head into 2008, the one cloud in my horizon (not that this is meant to be negative) is that I'm uncertain as to what lies ahead for me in the new year & beyond. In relation to that, I hope I am able to put more faith & trust in God & less on myself.

To finish up, I shall leave with a Bible passage which Pastor Mun included in the most recent church bulletin. That passage is Proverbs 3:5-6. Here it goes:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, & He will make your paths straight."

I hope to take this passage with me into the new year & beyond.


No comments: