Monday, December 24, 2007

New personal records

I should be resting now, but thought I'd write a lazy post, if only to proudly announce that I've just set 2 new personal records (& rather "dubious" records at that).

Firstly, I've gone 13 days since my last blog post. I think my previous record without post was 10 days. For some, that might not seem much, but it seems for me, anything more than 4-5 days without posting is a drought. And 13 days, that's one heck of a drought ;) I've been so out of it.

Secondly, I've set a Xmas shopping record of waiting till the very last moment to do my Xmas shopping. I started my Xmas shopping today, this morning, Xmas Eve. I've always done my shopping late in the past, but have never left it as late as Xmas Eve. So that's a personal record. Some of my friends were shocked when I told them. It's due to a mixture of slackness & busyness. But at least I managed to get the shopping out of the way with not too much trouble (finished before noon). And I've wrapped them all up, so that's good. No more Xmas shopping until next year's Xmas Eve! Hahaha....

So, anyway, some may ask, what's been happening with me (besides the last minute Xmas shopping), what I've been up to during the intervening period between this & my previous post? Hmm, my mind's in a blur, but let's see what I can remember:

# Sister had her birthday.
# Brother graduated from medicine, & we had family dinner at that Thai place in St Lucia. After the dinner, we went back & cut a birthday cake for sister.
# Clay had Xmas Party, which I organised. Thank goodness, nothing went badly wrong. Nothing much happened at party, just dinner & chit chat. Some people brought board games, but they were never touched as people were happy to chat & catch up with each other. So that's fine.
# Clay committee had another Clay planning meeting, to discuss plans for next year & talk about the proposed retreat. I attended the planning meeting. At the end, I suggested that the facilitators find new events co-ordinators for next year, because Melina won't be around, & I decided not to continue - better to give others a chance, like my previous group YF does where people are appointed to various positions each year.
# Work closed up for the year this past Fri (21/12/07), so I'm on leave now. I will be back at work in the middle of the second week of January. Work had break-up lunch (for Xmas & end of calendar year) at Stamford Hotel. The seafood was superb!
# Then yesterday, I went on a day trip to Sunshine Coast. Ah ha, that one, I think I'll put into a separate blog post. Yeah? See u at the next post!


No comments: