Saturday, December 8, 2007

Friends engaged!

It's been an interesting week. Two close friends of mine have got engaged: one in Malaysia, one in Brisbane. Both are Christian :)

The Malaysian friend is a family friend, who I have known since we were both kids - almost 19 years already, I think. I found out the great news on Facebook :) I'm not sure exactly when he got engaged, but I found out in the middle of this week. Now, I've never met his fiancee, & in fact don't even know her name & haven't even seen her picture. (Maybe it's classified top secret. Haha) But once day, we shall meet. I'm really happy for my friend :)

The Brisbane friend is also a close friend. This news, I didn't find out on Facebook! Haha. Nevertheless, I'm just as happy for this friend as I am for the Malaysian friend :) I found out on Thursday morning, when he rang me up (while I was at work) to invite me to his engagement party on Sunday. The details re. when he got engaged are a bit fuzzy (I blame my friend for mumbling into his mobile) - he either got engaged last Saturday, or is about to propose this Saturday (i.e. tonite). I think it might be this Saturday. Oh well, either way, he'll already be engaged by the end of this week ;)
And, I know who his fiancee is, & have met her. She's really sweet.
But unfortunately, I doubt I will be able to attend his engagement party, as I've already committed to work's Xmas party & the circumstances is such that I can't really opt out of the Xmas party. My friend understands, & he said it's mainly because of how hastily he organised the engagement party that he only gave me short notice.

To both friends, I thank you both for our friendship, which I so cherish. Praise be to God for your engagement, & may He continue to bless u both & your future spouses so richly!


No comments: