Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Euro 2008 - 200 days to go!!

Just hopped on to UEFA's website. According to the site, there's 200 days, 5 hours & 35 minutes to go till the Euro 2008 kicks off!! I'm feeling the excitement already. I can hardly wait for the tournament to come. It starts in June 08. What a month that will be.

I remembered the previous edition, Euro 2004, where a few of us (me, BT, Terence, Nigel, Ben, Carlos) rocked up to La Dolce Vita cafe in Milton to watch the matches on the giant screen. That was years ago, & it didn't seem that long ago. Gosh, how time flies! Not sure if we will be doing the same next year. Well for sure, Ben's no longer in Brisbane, & I doubt he'll be up in Brisbane in the middle of next year. As for the rest, well, I'm sure we will see some matches together somewhere....

By the end of this week, we will know the identity of all 16 teams who made it to the Euro 2008 finals. Some teams, such as world champions Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands & Spain have qualified already. A few more places are up for grabs. So watch this space. I will blog more about Euro 2008 over the coming months. Lots & lots of football to talk about - & not just about Euro 2008, either. Someone once said, too much football is not enough. So true!


No comments: