Saturday, May 12, 2007

Windows Live Hotmail

I've just expanded the storage capacity for my Hotmail account (my first ever web-based email account - still got it after all these years). That's because I've upgraded from MSN Hotmail to Windows Live Hotmail, which has 2GB storage space plus various other features such as automatic spell checking, new design, & preview capability similar to Outlook (whereby one can preview emails in the reading pane) & drag-and-drop function. Now, I'm no technical expert in all this computer/IT stuff, but apparently, it's the beta version, which is what Yahoo released sometime last year (& which I also got).

Best of all, it's all free (Asian's favourite word), & the main thing for me is more storage space. I know I may not need all that space, but hey - greed is good. People like me often want more for less - so if something like this Hotmail upgrade comes up that gives u a chance to get more for nothing, go for it!

Only thing, though, is that advertisements still appear for free Hotmail users, at the top of the window. Never mind. Anyway, I'm now waiting for Excite to also provide free upgrades similar to Yahoo & Hotmail.

PS: If anyone wants to drop me a line at my Hotmail account, it's dannyt00@hotmail.com. Cheers.

No comments: