Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stretching the financial pocket a bit

June's coming up (whoa, time really flies, huh), & it's around that time of the year (end of June to start of July) that I have to shell out some money, on "compulsory" items.

Just came in the mail today is the ICAA annual subscription fee/membership renewal. And oh, surprise surprise, they've upped the subscription fee a bit (by $20). Some things go up but never down. Hmm, I wonder why....

That's one thing. Just a few days ago, my car registration came in the mail. And, I'm expecting my car insurance renewal to come within the next couple of weeks.

So yeah - ICAA membership renewal, car registration, car insurance. All to be paid virtually in "one hit" (by end of June or early July), all around the same time. And that's because I got the ICAA membership around this time last year, & bought the car around this time 4 years ago. Any more "compulsory" expenditure to come???

Oh well, I will use the credit card where possible, to make use of the interest-free days. Pay them around end of June or early July via credit card, then pay off the credit card around the end of July. That means a few more pay days before I pay off the credit card.

I'm just glad the income protection insurance won't come out until December. Come that time, I'll pay that insurance together with all my Christmas "splurges"!

Meantime, I will look around for any good opportunities to grow my money. Money money yeah yeah.........

No comments: