Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Busy/eventful next few days

Wow, I've only had this blog for 3 months & this is my 50th post already. I didn't realise I'd blog that much so soon (well, for me it's soon, anyway), but when u get hooked on something, u just get hooked & get into it. It's a new addiction, lah!!

Anyway, thanks to a Sunday School roster swap with the other teacher, Wing (at her request), she will be teaching Sunday School this coming Sunday (20/5/07) & I'll be teaching next Sunday (27/5/07). I'm happy with that roster swap, as it frees up some of my time this week from preparing for Sunday School teaching - that's because the next few days is going to be very busy/eventful.

The busy new few days starts tomorrow morning with the UEFA Cup final, an all-Spanish affair between defending holders Sevilla & Espanyol. I think Sevilla will retain their trophy, as they should be a tad too strong for Espanyol. Then, Friday's nite's Clay social will be at my place. I know quite a few Clayers have indicated they will not be available this Friday nite. A shame, but never mind, it should still be good. We will have takeaway pizzas, & then watch some DVDs. Those who want to play pool are welcome to do so. Always great to have social events where Clayers can catch up & get to know each other better.

Saturday will be even more eventful - I'll be out practically the whole day! There's the WALK4BIBLES event on Saturday morning, in which a number of people from church will be taking part. The aim is to raise money for Bibles in China. I'll be doing the 7km walk, & I'm sure I'll be making a few "food stops" along the way. In the afternoon, my church friend (Hung) will be having his birthday party at his place. Of course, I will be there. Then Saturday nite, there's the FA Cup final between Chelsea & Manchester United. Both sides are hit by injuries, especially Chelsea. I tip Chelsea to win by a 1 goal margin - don't be surprised if the final score is 2-1 & don't be surprised if the match goes to extra-time. I certainly hope Chelsea will win, & will be a Chelsea supporter for 1 day.

Sunday, of course, there's church. Since I'm not teaching this Sunday, I will get to listen to Pastor Steve's sermon - it'll be on Matthew 13, according to last week's church bulletin. After church, I'm sure a few of us will head out to lunch as usual (I keep mentioning this in my posts), & if the food is tasty, it's likely that I will mention it on this blog - as was the case with last week's spicy beef noodle soup (the mere mention of that makes me drool). Then, after Sunday's lunch, who knows?? We shall see what happens.

You know what, dear readers? I might blog in a few days time about how the next few days transpire (e.g. what DVD we watched, how the WALK4BIBLES went etc). But now, I'd better get some sleep, before waking up early tomorrow morning for the UEFA Cup final. Good nite.


No comments: