Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ben Ho's pastoral induction

CCCB now has a new pastor - Pastor Ben Ho. Woo hoo!! After our morning service today, we had a pastoral induction ceremony for Ben. The turnout was pretty good. If I recall correctly, Ben's parents were present to watch their son being inducted as CCCB's latest pastor.

I've known Ben for a number of years now. We were part of CCCB's YF group for a few years; Ben was part of YF long before I joined in 2001 & in fact, Ben was the head leader of YF for a while. Then Ben went to Sydney to do some theological studies & Ministry Training Strategy (I hope I said it correctly!). He met his wonderful wife Faith there. After years of study & ministry training, Ben is now back in Brisbane, together with Faith & their 2 lovely daughters. He is here to serve God & His people in Brisbane. Ben will now be the pastor for CCCB's morning service. Manwhile, Pastor Steve will be moving over to head up CCCB's new evening church called the 5:17 Church. (Very creative name - this new church is based on the words of 2 Corinthians 5:17. May God bless & grow that new church!)


Of course, I'm very happy for Ben. I think being a pastor was always what he wanted to be, & now it is a wonderful reality. How else to feel but happy for him! For years, I have known Ben as a friend & Christian brother, & he's someone I always love & respect. Now, I also know him as my pastor. I am sure many others are also happy with Ben's appointment. May the Lord continue to bless Ben & his family. May the Lord bless Ben's work, & may God grow our morning service through Ben! (ditto for Pastor Steve & his work with the 5:17 Church)



No comments: