Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Easter break

My Easter break was generally quiet (like every other year), apart from Saturday & parts of Sunday when the Wang family was at our place. I didn’t go to the CCCB Church Camp at Currimundi because I wanted to spend some time with the Wangs, plus I think I’m done with camps as I’m not a “camp person”. If church camp is on next year, I guess I’ll have to come up with another excuse then ;)

Good Friday was very quiet, the only notable thing I did was watching a DVD on “V – The Original Mini-series” with Ryan. I first saw the “V” TV series when I was a kid. The original mini-series were set before the TV series. I love the sound effects of the laser gun of the lizard aliens….vvvizzz-pffffff.

What I got up to on Saturday & Sunday is as outlined in the previous post. The Sunday sermon at church was delivered by Uncle Paul. He practically played Robocop (i.e. did everything), as he was also chairperson, prayer person for the communion & did the announcements (not that I can remember anything, apart from a mention of the CCCB Camp that was taking place).

Uncle Paul gave a very good Easter message (I’m a bit biased though – he’s my uncle – but yeah, it’s good). He made some good points, which I’ve previously given little or no thought to. He said that Easter to us Christians is actually more meaningful than Christmas, due to Jesus’ death & resurrection, & what this accomplished for us. This (Easter & Christmas compared) is a point which I’ve not previously given much thought to. His message essentially gave a good reminder of the blessed hope we have since Jesus did what He did on the cross. He also said that while there are lots of Christmas greetings during Christmas (i.e. Merry Xmas), there tends to be no such greetings during Easter. He added that we should celebrate Easter, & perhaps greet each other “Happy Easter”.

I bludged through Easter Monday as it’s the last day of the Easter holiday – did very little apart from blogging & surfing the net. But then, some could say that’s the whole point of a break – to sit back & relax.

No comments: