Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tidy up - lots of rubbish

Phhheeeewwwww!! I just finished tidying up my room a few minutes ago. Actually, the tidy up is not completely finished - I still got a bit more to do, which I will (hopefully) do in the next few days. But at least I've done the hard bit this evening - vacuuming, rounding up 4 bags of rubbish & wiping the ceiling fan.

The tidy up is necessary as I may have to vacate my room for some visitors coming over for Val & Andrew's wedding. It's unbelievable how much rubbish I've accumulated - they're mostly annual financial reports from the likes of Suncorp & Telstra, periodic (usually quarterly) newsletters from various fund managers like Perpetual & Colonial First State. I've chucked them away as I've got little or no use for them. During the tidying up process, I've also found these:
  • MTE (Men's Training Event) booklet from 2001 - goodness, that's like 6 years ago & 2 World Cups have passed by since I last touched it!
  • August 2004 edition of the YF Newsletter, Pebbles - issued after YF Camp 2004. It had my Dear Diary entry occupying front page (courtesy of Iggy Wong, the editor), which I had a brief read & thought to myself: "Did I really write that? What went on in my head back then that made me write all that??"
  • Various CCCB St Lucia bulletins.
  • Various TV Hits magazines.
  • A TV Hits poster which I've never ever used, which had Britney Spears (with hair, of course!) on 1 side & UK pop group S Club 7. How did it get there??
  • Some documentation from MLC Masterkey, which was issued in August 2004. It included the quarterly statement of account. I knew that particular statement was missing & I thought it must have been lost in the mail. How wrong I was - it was sitting in my room all this time.
  • Various stuff from Compassion Australia.

I didn't chuck away any of the above. Now my room looks a bit tidier ;) But at what price - back is slightly sore (although improving as I write), & my mind is even more sore. Yet at the same time, excited about the upcoming wedding. In a few minutes time, my parents will head off to the airport to pick up Aunty Susan & my cousin Nicholas. By the time they get back, I will probably be sound asleep - worn out by the tidying up. I will see them tomorrow. Nicholas will head off to Coffs Harbour to join his family (the Lai family), who borrowed my car to get there. The entire Lai family will get back to Brisbane on Thursday. And 2 days after that, wedding bells!!!

No comments: