Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Another role in Clay

I attended the Clay meeting on Monday nite at Pastor Steve & Keiyeng's lovely unit at St Lucia (first time I've been to the unit - what a marvellous place). It was a gathering of mainly Clay leaders/facilitators, but several other people holding various positions within the Clay group turned up. It was a great opportunity for more fellowship with brothers & sisters - what a great bunch of people!

The meeting was to plan for Clay for the upcoming months, & also identify the various positions within Clay & the purpose for people having those positions. The meeting "officially" confirmed my "appointment" as the St Lucia Clay's events co-ordinator - the Southside Clay's events co-ordinator is Mel. It means that I will be working with Mel to help organise Clay socials & various evangelistic events & other events pertaining to Clay. It means that I now hold 2 positions in Clay - assisting Yuan with the Clay men's ministry/discipleship (I've talked about this briefly in previous posts), & now one of the events co-ordinator. All that, on top of being a full-time professional employee as well as my Sunday School teaching position.

I do feel blessed to be given another role within God's ministry, although I do realise that taking on more roles means less free time to myself to do whatever I want. I hope that I will be able to serve God effectively in my roles, & would need the support & prayers of my brothers & sisters that God would equip me to serve Him & His people.

No comments: