Thursday, July 2, 2009

I bought Football Manager 2009



I bought Football Manager 2009 this past Sunday afternoon. EB Games in Sunnybank Plaza had a sale (maybe it was an end-of-financial year sale?). There was a huge markdown on a few games including FM 2009. I was there with my friend Ivan C after we had lunch. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, stumbled on FM 2009 on the shelves, saw the markdown sticker & grabbed the game without hesitation. Thanks to the huge markdown, I paid just under $45.

I am still enjoying myself with Football Manager 2005, so I don't know when I will start playing FM 2009. Ivan urged me to ditch FM 2005, now that I have FM 2009. But hey, no rush for me, since I own FM 2009.

FM 2009 has 3D match view. When I play, I will find out how good it is. I joked on Facebook that FM 2009 could mean that my quiet time & social life goes right out the window. A friend (who is a committed Christian) responded, saying I shouldn't let my quiet time slip, & suggesting that I could operate along the lines "no quiet time, no FM 2009" without wanting to be legalistic. True, & a good idea. But how about this for another idea: "quiet time always". So whether or not I play FM 2009 is irrelevant, as long as I do my quiet time constantly.

But knowing me, everything can wait. No rush, no rush....



No comments: