Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hard lesson - don't ever sit in cinema first row

I saw "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" yesterday night at the AMC Cinemas in Sunnybank Plaza, with my friends Nigel & Phuong. Both of them arrived late, so they quickly rushed through their dinner & I watched them eat while sipping the plum green tea that I bought from EasyWay. We entered the cinema just before the movie started - only just!

Our "last minute" entry meant that we couldn't get the seats we wanted, so we had to settle for the seats in the first row. Yep, seriously, the very first row. Not a great move, but we had no choice. It meant that our heads had to fully look upwards at the screen for like 1.5-2 hours. And we had to keep our heads like that while taking all the fast, furious & brutal action for much of the movie. I had to remove my glasses during the movie, because it wasn't doing me any good from the first row.

My goodness, sitting in the first row was absolute torture! At the end of the movie, I was hurting. My neck was hurting. My eyes were hurting. And my brain was hurting, too. It was so difficult to do anything at work today. I had to keep neck movements to a minimum - whenever I would normally turn my head, I would instead turn my whole self around. And the pain will continue for the next few days! Nigel & Phuong, this is all your fault.....both of u!!

As for the movie itself, it was ok. I won't say it's any better than the first Transformers movie. But it's ok. Megan Fox - whoooaaa, she was fabulous. The robots were virtually unrecognisable from the cartoon version. I mean, Devastator didn't look anything like the green monster he is in the cartoon version. Starscream & Soundwave looked different. And Ironhide with a British accent??? Hhhhmmmmm.....

But yeah, a brutal lesson learnt. Do not ever take the first row in cinema, so close to the screen, especially when watching an action-packed movie. I learned the lesson the hard way.


No comments: