Saturday, September 13, 2008

Terrific weekend!

Friday 12/9/08

I stayed back at work for a bit (past 5pm). Manager thanked me for all my hard work; I appreciated his compliment but mentioned that I stayed back this evening because I had a bucks nite to attend. Anyway, I left work just around 6pm & headed to Jojos at Queen St Mall, for the second part of Nigel's bucks celebration (first part was last Saturday). I arrived, followed very shortly by Terence. Then later, Dennis (who flew up from Melbourne in the morning) came along with Nigel. We ordered dinner. Me & Dennis each ordered beef sausage & chips. Everyone else either had pasta, pizza or Thai curry with rice. Of course, we had a few drinks too - me & Dennis shouted each other & Nigel some grog (why is it that everytime I get tipsy, Dennis is around??). Then Nigel's best man Jin arrived, together with the costume that Nigel was made to wear. And guess what it was? Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story! Yep, Nigel wear all that, body suit, wings, & all - the only thing missing was the space helmet. It was so so hilarious. The guys then took him out into Queen St Mall. Plenty of photos were taken (a bit of a shame I didn't bring my camera) - Nigel had quite a lot of pictures taken with random strangers who were drawn to the Buzz outfit! It was really funny. We went to a couple of nightclubs/similar places to have some fun & more drinks. Of course, Nigel was wasted. We stayed out so late, but of course some left earlier than others during the course of the night. I forked out some $33 for a cab home (there were practically no buses after midnite), & arrived home just before 1:30am.

Saturday 13/9/08

Yesterday was really full for me as I had spent most of the day in the Brisbane CBD - from arriving in bus stop just before 8am heading to work, to leaving CBD after 1am. So of course, I spent most of the day resting & recovering. I didn't do much. Still, I managed to go out at nite (with BT & Mark) - to Terence's place to watch Liverpool v Manchester United. Liverpool went a goal down, but hit back to win 2-1, & all in all, the result was probably fair. We were all happy. Terence was beaming from ear to ear, that his team won. For Terence personally, this would be a huge weekend - he is part of Nigel's bridal party.

Sunday 14/9/08

Wedding bells! Nigel & Phuong's big day! See next post for more details.....


No comments: