Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ryan & Nicole :) :)

What a great weekend this is!! That's mainly because my brother Ryan & Nicole got married yesterday (27/9/2008). Well, they didn't have a ceremony as such. Rather, it was a registry wedding - so technically, they are now married. But the grand celebration (ceremony & reception) will come in exactly 3 months time. I'm really excited!!

The registry wedding took place in a marriage room at the Brisbane registry in George St. Those present were my parents, myself, my youngest brother Brendan, my sister Val, brother-in-law Andrew & Nicole's mum (Aunty Ivy). Just immediate family members. The registry wedding was short. The marriage celebrant impressed me with his handling of the wedding - professional yet with a personal touch, for he joked quite a bit. At the end, mum, Nicole & Aunty Ivy were a little emotional (just a little!). The registry thing finished very quickly. Then we left & took some pictures nearby. Everyone (except myself & BT) then headed to the University of Qld for more photos.

All of us then had a family lunch at Shangrila, that new-ish Chinese Restaurant in Sunnybank (the same place where I had Chinese NY banquet back in February). We were cramped in a so-called private room with other diners (it would have been nice to have had the room just to ourselves). We ordered quite a few dishes & were full at the end. But the food was quite enjoyable, & everyone was satisfied.

To continue the celebration, there was going to be more food at night - family dinner at Rydges South Bank. The place was really nice (& so happens Fi's cousin Alex works there). The food was pretty good, too - seafood buffet was what we had, & so I lost count of the number of platefuls I had of fresh mussels, oysters, crabs & the like. There was live jazz entertainment, too, to add to the atmosphere. And of course, I had lots of dessert. There's always room for dessert, no matter how full I might be. The fact that I have sweet tooth always helps. Rydges was really nice, & I would definitely return again.

I'm truly truly happy for Ryan & Nicole :) Of course!! What else can I say?? In 3 months time, we will celebrate big time!! May God bless this fabulous couple & their future!


PS: Oh yeah, it's my birthday today - which is why this weekend is truly meaningful for me. I had lunch with a few church friends at Song's Restaurant, & had family dinner at home (roti canai with curry & dhal). Everyone gave me birthday presents, which I'm grateful for.



Nicole & Ryan :)



Aunty Ivy with the lovely couple :)



It's about to start


Exchanging the vow



Taking pics after the registry



Absolutely fabulous!



Yes, the place is mine!



The couple with their parents



Family dinner at Rydges South Bank (errr, the flash is not good enough)


No comments: