Friday, August 3, 2007

Pfffhhh....another one of these invites

Wow, feels like I'm a wanted person, with all these invitations I'm getting. Remember a couple of invitations I've got from the ICAA these past few months to apply for a CA American Express Platinum Card? Each time, I turned them down. Well, my bank St George has just sent me a special invitation (that's what the letter said, special invitation) to apply for Australia's lowest rate Platinum Credit Card, with a conditionally approved credit limit of $10,000. The annual fee is just $89, the lowest in Australia. Compare that to the $295 annual fee for American Express Platinum Card.

Like the AMEX Platinum invitations before, I will toss aside the St George Platinum invitation. Signing up for the St George Platinum Visa means an extra $10,000 credit limit to my name. Given a potential "change in circumstances" in the foreseeable future (which I shall not elaborate here), the last thing I need is a hike in my credit limit. In fact, I need to cut down what credit limit I already have. I will have to look at my 3 current credit cards & look to reduce some of the credit limit, & possibly ditch at least 1 of those cards. One day, I might sign up for the St George Platinum card. But not now. Now's not a good time.


No comments: