Monday, August 13, 2007

Packed Sunday (12/8/07)

I had a full day yesterday. Here's what I did (after teaching Sunday School):

** I bought some goodies that were baked by the sisters from YF, as part of some fund-raising thing. I've tasted most of the goodies, they were pretty good.

** Then I had lunch at Fortitude Valley with Ivan & Maria (parked my car at Maria's place). We had crispy roast pork (siew yok, I believe is the Chinese name), roast duck & chicken, with some vegetables & soup. Yum, it's tasty & cheap, I just loooove all that meat!! Forfot the name of the place, but I will recognise it when I see it again.

** Then the 3 of us headed over to CCCB Coopers Plains to attend the Building Dedication ceremony. Church got the building some while ago (1 year plus). If I heard correctly, the church recently got council approval to use the building at Coopers Plains as a place of worship. Hence why we had the ceremony. There was a huge turnout, & we heard various testimonies that gave a background on the history of CCCB Southside which covered the previous buildings occupied by the church before the current premises at Coopers Plains. Visiting Pastor Chris Chia (who's on sabbatical from his church in Singapore) gave a superb sermon/talk (see next blog post). There were lots of food after the dedication service.

** We then headed to Winston's place for a while, & had a rest. Then we (myself, Ivan, Maria, Winston, Eilen, Able) headed off for dinner at a pizza place at Wishart (I think it's called Pepperoni's). Wong joined us. I think I last went there about 3 years ago. Anyway, since we had quite a bit of finger food from the dedication service, we didn't order much pizza. They were tasty!

** Then all of us we headed off to Cavendish Road State High School to watch a fund-raising musical conducted by Brisbane Chinese Alliance Church (BCAC) to raise funds for its new church building. The musical is Pilgrim's Progress, based on the text written by John Bunyan. As per the BCAC brochure, Pilgrim's Progress is about 2 characters (representing ordinary Christians) going through a journey to the Celestial City. Through their pilgrimage, both characters come across many characters that symbolise the people in the Bible (characters which either help or hinder a Christian's spiritual growth). I personally enjoyed the musical & appreciate the talents of the BCAC cast & crew. The singing was quite good. Thank God that the musical was a success, & I pray that lots of funds are raised for BCAC.

** On the way back to New Farm, we stopped at McDonalds drive-thru. Maria got a apple pie while I got a chocolate sundae, & gulped it down before arriving at New Farm. I've been eating non-stop all day!

All in all, a very long Sunday, but a good one. I don't think next Sunday will be quite as packed. We shall see....


No comments: