Monday, February 12, 2007

More hanging out with D

I thought Friday's Boys Nite Out was the last time I'd see D during his current visit to Bris Vegas. How wrong I was - Saturday afternoon, D sms'ed me to hang out at J's parent's place that nite. Given who D is to me (a very close buddy), how could I refuse??

Compared to Boys Nite Out, Saturday nite was "placid". My brother (BT), myself, D, J & Mel hung out at J's parent's place. J's parents were very hospitable in allowing us to "crash" their place. We hung out at the entertainment room/home theatre, which had been converted from a bar. The last time I was at that room (when it was still a bar) was more than 4 years ago, when me & a couple of YFers were filming some clips for Fat's 21st bday. Whoever's idea it was to convert the room to home theatre, it was a good one - the room looked superb, lots of red & well furnished.

We watched Rocky Balboa. Or rather, the other 4 watched Rocky Balboa. I somehow slept through half the movie. That's probably because of a combination of the extremely comfortable furniture, the Boags St George I consumed & the fact that the movie didn't particularly appeal to me. Before & after the movie, we had the usual good chats & laughs.

Then on Sunday nite, me & D had dinner at Little Taipei with 4 of the guys (Ben, Alvin, Sean, Nick) from the Boys Nite Out. D brought W along. The Korean spicy noodle soup (which was strikingly red) was rather disappointing - it just wasn't as tasty as the Vietnamese spicy beef noodle soup that I had for lunch after church. I'd never order that dish at Little Taipei again - I've tasted better Korean elsewhere. Anyway, after W departed, the boys headed off to Cybergames near Sunnybank Plaza. It must've been my first time at Cybergames in more than 2 years. Obviously, I don't do LAN/network games very often (not sure if i even got this terminology right). We mostly played Counter Strike Session, & I was hopelessly out of my depth - I was the worst player of the lot. Whether I played terrorist or counter-terrorist, I was often the first one killed (due to my slow & clumsy reactions & reflexes), & I probably killed as many team mates as I did enemies. Midway through the session, J came to join us.

All in all, it was really fun hanging out & catching up with D before he heads back to Melbourne. Dunno when he'll visit us in Brisbane again, perhaps later this year, who knows. The next time he's here, we'll "party" again. Bad Boyz for eva!!

No comments: