Saturday, February 10, 2007

Boys Nite Out

Wow, what a long long nite we had!! I was out after work on Friday 9/2/07 to hang out with a very close friend, D, who's visiting Brisbane from Melbourne. Me & D go a few years back, since our days in YF - we joke & pay each other out a fair bit (though not as much these days). We even once had an "argument" over who has the right to call himself "D" on MSN (our first names begin with the same letter). He won out in the end, partly because I let him & partly because he was the first to use "D".

Anyway, due to the delay in D's arrival in the CBD, I firstly caught up with Johnnie & Michael inside The Tank Hotel on Queen St, which was opposite the building that my work office was located in. Then D arrived, & then we had some drinks. In Johnnie's opinion, I had a bit too many :P

But hey, we had a good time chatting at The Tank, we survived & the 4 of us then trooped off to the Zen Bar. There, we met up with Ian, Nicholas, Alvin, Sean & Ben. Somehow, we decided not to have dinner at the Zen Bar. Johnnie & Michael excused themselves, & Ian stayed on with his other friends.

So, 6 of us (myself, D, Nicholas/Nick, Alvin, Sean & Ben) went to Elizabeth Arcade & dined at some Asian place which name I forgot (City Wok?). More chatting & laughing ensued. I even managed to bump into my ex-workmate, Cat Cat (probably my best ex-workmate :P), for the first time since leaving my previous firm in June 06. During our brief chat, she managed to update me on the happenings at her firm.

Also, the boys put some hot chillis in my mee goreng while I was having toilet break. When I got back to City Wok (?), I did notice the chillis but had thought they were placed by the kitchen staff, so I didn't suspect the prank. Only later did the boys tell me the truth - no wonder they scrutinised me so intently when I gorged on the mee goreng, probably expecting me to explode from the strength of the chillis. But being a typical Malaysian born lad, I didn't find the chillis too hot to handle - i ate most of them, left only 1 or 2 behind.

After dinner, we moved on to Fridays. We were in the queue, & before we entered Fridays, it was decided (mainly by D - probably didn't like what he saw) to go to Mercurys instead, so we left Fridays without even really entering the place. Outside Fridays, we caught up with Ed who followed us to Mercurys, where we had a few more drinks. Ian then came from Zen Bar to rejoin us. Man, the music at Mercurys was sooooo loud, I could barely hear the guys chatting to me, even those beside me talking as loud as they can. After a brief stay, people start leaving. D was slightly disappointed as he had wanted a long long nite out with us boys, & was disdainful with the night scene in the Brisbane CBD, which he compared unfavourably with the night scene in Melbourne. In reply, a few of us ribbed him, by reminding him where his roots were before he moved to Melbourne. Jokes aside, I was sure D was very happy to see & catch up with the boys. So I took the bus with Ben to Indooroopilly where Ben parked his car, & got dropped off home close to midnite.

So to my good friend D - I know u like to have fun, & u are a really good friend of mine. Thanks for your friendship which I really cherish, the laughs & the fun times we have had. I hope & pray that u will seek out God in all things that u do & that u draw closer to Him. And here's to your bright future with W.

No comments: