Monday, February 26, 2007

Clay's so different now

The first Clay study of the year was on Friday nite (23/2/07). For the next few weeks, Clay will be studying Proverbs. It was quite good, although the format was rather different from anything I was used to. No study sheets from the Clay leaders/facilitators, no study books by Matthias Media or anything like that. Instead, my group at St Lucia got divided into 2 smaller groups, & each group looked at several Proverbs verses which Pastor Steve gave us. Then both groups got back together & presented what the verses they looked at taught them. My St Lucia group had quite a number of new faces.

Like I've been saying, this year's Clay feels different already from the last few years. That's because of the split into "North" & "South", i.e. one group based in CCCB St Lucia, the other at Southside (the Southside group had their study at Jay & Mel's place). Guys like Ivan Choe, Nigel, Yuan, Jay, Sean & Eddie Chee, whom I get on well with & used to see each Friday, are all now attending the Southside group - which means I no longer see them every Friday because I attend the St Lucia group (it's closer to home, lah). That's going to take some getting used to - man, I feel like I've been ditched. It's like all of us travelling in 1 car, then suddenly the car stops & I get chucked out of that car!

But hey, it's not all "bad". The good thing is, I still got Pastor Steve & Winston at St Lucia, which is good as I feel both are spiritually strong brothers & I will surely benefit from interacting with them each week. Also, Clay social is once a month, so I will get to catch up with the people from the Southside group. Then again, to be able to catch up with them would mean that I can no longer skip or pike Clay socials like I regularly do in the past!!

No comments: