Monday, August 3, 2009

RIP Lewis Moss - u are now in a better place

Those of u in Queensland might have read about the 16 year old teenager in Toowoomba who died from injuries sustained from school rugby training session at Christian Outreach College. The injury happened sometime last week. The teenager then went into cardiac arrest, & was then placed in an induced coma. His condition worsened this weekend & he died in intensive care yesterday afternoon.

His name - Lewis Moss.
I don't personally know him. But I know his parents (Greg & Ruth) & his grandparents (Ron & Heather). We went to the same church as them, when me & my family lived in Toowoomba back in the early to mid 1990s. They are very nice people. My parents got along very well with all of them. I have actually been to Greg & Ron's homes, when they held Friday night Bible study sessions & also other functions. Greg Moss (Lewis' father) taught my siblings Sunday School. Ron Moss (Lewis' grandfather) was my Sunday School teacher. He is such a gentlemen, very kind & softly spoken. So when I learnt of his grandson's death, I was very sad for the Moss family.

I only vividly remember seeing Lewis as a kid when I was in Sunday School. It's sad that he died so very young. But anyway, he is now in a much better place. That is something his family & friend can console themselves with. No more pain, no more sorrow - Lewis has gone to be with the Lord.

RIP Lewis Moss. I will see u in heaven one day. See u later, mate!



No comments: