Monday, August 10, 2009

Another busy weekend!

Wow, dis is da second weekend in a row that I've been pretty busy:

Saturday


Ivan Choe went out house hunting in the morning, so I tagged along with him. I've been inspecting quite a few homes in Southside in the past (before a change of plans meant I put house-hunting on hold), so Ivan said he wanted my opinions, asked me to accompany him, so I agreed. We only ended up inspecting 2 properties, both in Runcorn. The first was a lowset home in cramped area with a very narrow street. The second was a double-storey townhouse near Eight Mile Plains. I told Ivan to forget the lowset home, & also told him (half-jokingly, perhaps) never buy the first property u inspect. The townhouse was reasonable, & I think Ivan was quite interested in that one.


Anyways, I dropped Ivan off to his unit in Exford Street. I borrowed his GPS to navigate my way to Heathwood to catch-up over lunch with some ex-work colleagues. My ex-colleague's new home is very impressive. Her furnitures were pretty good, too.


Soon, I would have to leave to attend the Brisbane Roar's first game of the A-League season at Suncorp Stadium - a Queensland derby against A-League debutants Gold Coast United. I was joined by Ivan (again), BT, Nigel & Terence. Our support was divided. Ivan & Terence decided to support Gold Coast. They have their reasons - Ivan was never really a fan of Brisbane Roar in the first place, while Terence was fed up with Brisbane's performances last season under Frank Farina. BT, Nigel & myself stayed loyal to Brisbane. The match was a fiery affair, with Gold Coast out to prove a point to their Brisbane cousins. We were seated near the Gold Coast supporters, too. They were very boisterous....so much so that Nigel told us of his disdain towards the Gold Coast supporters ("man, just look at them" with a disgusted look on his face) & BT was in full agreement with Nigel. Watching the behaviour of the Gold Coast, I can understand their sentiments. Anyway, it was a bad day for Brisbane Roar, as they went down 3-1, leaving the Gold Coast fans happy.


Sunday

Steven Tran gave a sermon on Amos. He spoke of the angry lion, portraying God as bring angry at the sin of the world. That's another side of God that I don't always remember....I tend to see Him as "charming, warm & fuzzy", so it was good to be reminded that God does have another side, a side who does not tolerate sin.

Then at nite, a few of us had dinner together at Cafe Mi in Sunnybank Plaza before watching "GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra". I thoroughly enjoyed it - really liked the all-action stuff, how the story panned out & I was very impressed by the performances of Channing Tatum (who played Duke), Marlon Wayans (who played Ripcord) & British actress Sienna Miller (who played The Baroness). I can't believe Joseph Gordon-Levitt played Cobra Commander....wasn't he that kid in the sitcom "Third Rock from the Sun" not so long ago???!! And now he played the villain in a major all-action movie! LOL.

Anyway, like I already said, I enjoyed this GI Joe movie, I reckon it's better than Transformers 2.




No comments: