Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And now, the AUD has crashed to 5-year low :(

Given the fall in my investments & super account (which I ranted about in the previous post), any thoughts that the week can't get any worse have just been swiftly dashed. My brother Ryan just told me that the Australian $ (AUD) exchange rate against the Malaysian Ringgit (RM) has gone down - it's now AUD1 = RM2.23. His announcement completely shocked me & made me dismayed. Then I later discovered on the internet that the AUD has crashed to a 5-year low. The details of the crash made for a depressing reading. Sheesshhhh....

Just a few months ago, it was RM 2.90, even RM3 for every AUD. At the time, I did consider converting some money to RM because I'll be heading to Malaysia at the end of this year. I didn't act, & now I'm furious & feel like kicking myself, because now I have to bring more money with me to Malaysia.

Fantastic, thank u very much. This is just what I need, after my investments & superannuation have devalued. Arrrrrrgggghhhhh! I'm not happy! I'm cursing Lady Luck & I'm waiving my fist at the global financial markets, at all the elements, for causing the AUD to drop. **DT waves his fist harder**

What have I done to deserve all this??? What's going to happen next?? My car get confiscated by the authorities??! Am I going to be placed under house arrest?? Internet ban??

Eeeerrrrrrrrrr, I think I'm going beserk. I really need some wintermelon tea. Hmmmm, where's the nearest Easy Way outlet when u need them? Say, there's a couple in the CBD. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow then when I'm on my way to work. Bah humbug.....



No comments: