Thursday, July 31, 2008

Coming up - season 2008/2009 in Europe

The top-tier domestic leagues across Europe are about to kick-off season 2008/2009. Needless to say, I'm very excited, as would all football afficionados. Now, the leagues will all kick-off next month, in August.

Ligue 1 in France will be the first to start, on the second weekend. Then a week after that, the German Bundesliga, Belgian Jupiler League & English Premier League will kick-off. The Dutch Eredivisie, Italian Serie A & Spanish La Liga will kick-off around the last weekend in August. Then, there is also the preliminary qualifying matches in the UEFA Champions League. The teams that that survive the preliminary stages will join the other teams in the group stage of the Champions League. The Champions League group stage will start in September.

Of course, there's various other domestic leagues in Europe which will also kick-off next month. And I can go on & on discussing the prospects of various teams in the various leagues for the upcoming season. If I do that, I'll be blogging right through tonight & continue beyond that! I can't do that, because I got to work! So, I'll leave it here by saying, bring on season 2008/2009. So much football to follow, which is good. Always good :)


No comments: