Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Annual staff review

It's that time of the year again - the annual staff & performance review. That will happen tomorrow. I've completed my appraisal form & will raise a number of issues that I have with work. I will do my best to be diplomatic.

As for the pay rise, well, hmmmmm.....I would like my annual pay to be doubled. Or insert "1" at the start of my current annual pay packet. Or insert an extra "0" at the end of it. Or just up my pay packet by $35,000 plus superannuation. Hahaha.....

Jokes aside, anything can happen. I won't be that surprised if I don't get much of a pay rise. That would give me extra ammunition or an excuse to look for a position elsewhere. Although to be absolutely honest, I have more issues with work rather than just the pay. So if I were to look elsewhere, the main reason(s) would not necessarily relate to pay. Anyway, like I said, I will try to be diplomatic. But a couple of team members think that I'm the type to openly voice any issues or concerns, based on a couple of times they have seen me speaking to my boss with more than a hint of anger & frustration over the work-related issues I have been experiencing. One team member even consider me to be pretty direct & "in your face". But hey, by being open & telling it as it is, no one can accuse me of sucking up for favours, & at least people know where I stand. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow's annual review goes well, & I hope that those couple of "episodes" I had with my boss don't come back to bite me ;)


No comments: