Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mouth ulcer.....arrrgghhh

Guess what? I got mouth ulcer :(

I've had it for a few days now. It's inside my right lip. So I've had to eat mostly with the left half of my mouth, so that the food doesn't touch the ulcer too often. Still, food manages to tap on my ulcer a few times. And it really hurts when touched, more so when I consume spicy food (curry, laksa gravy, red chili).

What causes mouth ulcer? According to Wikipedia, factors that appear to provoke the ulceration of the oral tissues include
stress, fatigue, illness, injury from accidental biting, hormonal changes, menstruation, sudden weight loss, food allergies & deficiencies in vitamin B12, iron and folic acid.

Hmmm, I think my ulcer possibly came from accidental biting (though can't remember exactly when it happened) or deficiency in vitamin B12 & folic acid (haven't touched those Mega B tablets for ages). I think I've got enough iron (I take enough veggies, red meat, fish & poultry). I don't think any of the others apply. Menstruation is definitely irrelevant in my case! And no stress & fatigue, eh - I'm currently on holidays & feel reasonably well rested. Likewise, no illness, hormonal changes or food allergies.

Hopefully, the mouth ulcer will go away sooner rather than later. I feel like some Indian &/or Thai sometime during the next few days if I get the chance, & want to enjoy with my full mouth, instead of just half my mouth. So go on, off u go. Hurry up....


No comments: