Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day shopping - not all that great

So I went out to Boxing Day sales today, at the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. The sales seem to get worse over the years (though this time last year, I was in Malaysia so I can't comment on how good or bad the Boxing Day sales were in Brisbane last year). I was at Myer, & I didn't see any earth-shattering bargains to get excited about. In fact, I'm not certain if anything I saw can be classified as bargains. So I hardly bought anything from there this year.

I, did, however, manage to bump into church friend Chris Ooi at JB Hi-Fi, just across the road from Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. I was scouring through the DVDs & CDs when I looked around & saw a grinning Chris. I was in "dream mode" at the time, so it took me 1-2 seconds to realise who he was.
He was there looking for a giant LCD TV (or did he say plasma?). We chat for a while, before he moved on to look at the selection of TVs on offer, while I left with some Seinfeld DVDs which I partly paid with a JB Hi-Fi gift card that I got for Christmas.

Apart from that, nothing really to get all excited about. Hopefully the sales will be better next year.




No comments: