Saturday, December 26, 2009

Alcohol & chocolate - great combination!

After Christmas lunch, I managed to remind myself again that alcohol & chocolate makes a great combination. And no, I am not talking about liqueur chocolate either. What I am talking about is taking some alcohol & chocolate, putting it in your mouth at the same time, enjoying the taste of both together, then gulping everything down.

More specifically, what I had after Christmas lunch were some Orlando Trilogy sparking rose wine & Lindt chocolate
. I put the Lindt in my mouth & chew for a bit. While still chewing, I took a sip of the Orlando Trilogy wine (which on its own has a mild & balanced taste) & enjoyed the alcohol & chocolate combination. It was superb. The Orlando rose wine tasted even better with the Lindt. Or was it a case of the Lindt tasting better with the Orlando rose wine??? Ooohhhh well, let's just say I enjoyed the combination.

That wasn't the first time I combined alcohol & chocolate at the same time. A long time ago, I had Heineken beer & a Ferrero Rocher chocolate. I put the Ferrero Rocher in my mouth, then gulped down some Heineken & then chewed on the chocolate while the beer was also in my mouth. It was superb.

Alcohol & chocolate....I must do this again sometime!



No comments: