Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good luck my friends

My friends from our Southside congregation, Mikey Tai & Ivan Fung, are soon going on a short-term missions trip to Taiwan for 2 months. They had a fund-raising nite this past Sunday 30/8/2009, at the Southside church. The fund-raising evening had a Mexican & Indian theme. I came in neither - I wore my Barcelona shirt, which is Spanish so it's much more closer to Mexican than Indian. Mikey got me to be their spokesperson for the St Lucia congregation, so I will be making announcements & updates to the St Lucia congregation on their behalf. The fund-raising evening had quite a good turnout. Mikey shared a bit about the trip, their plans & goals etc (Ivan was away that evening), & I was able to catch up with some people whom I have not seen for a while.

Anyways, I was really encouraged that both of them are able & willing to serve God with this missions trip, & also the fact that they are very passionate to see God's Kingdom grow. I wish them all the very best of luck & will keep them in prayer.



No comments: