Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feeling a little battered....again

I'm feeling tired & sore from the weekend. Why??? Because I helped Nigel & Phuong with shifting on Saturday. They just moved to their home in Jamboree Heights, which is just near where I currently live. Nigel had joked that he moved nearby because he missed me. I joke back by saying that when I buy a home somewhere in Southside, it would be to get away from him. Nigel's response was that they might eventually move to Southside in a few years, so he'll be near me again!

Anyway, the helpers on Saturday were Nigel himself, Jin (Nigel's best man at his wedding), Uncle Harold (Nigel's dad) & myself. We had loads of things to carry from Nigel's grandparents' home in Coorparoo (they had a few things for Nigel & Phuong to take away) & also Nigel's parents' home in Stretton (I think his mum will miss him!). Nigel's desk was so heavy, it needed all 4 of us to load it onto the ute! There were a few trips back & forth. Mind you, moving houses is no joke! Phuong's family bought us some Vietnamese lunch (yum!). Just after lunchtime, I knew I would not be able to make it to Yuan & Keileng's afternoon tea, so I SMSed my apologies to both of them & explained that I was helping Nigel & Phuong move. I felt so bad to have to pull out, but this was a case of needs must. Nigel & Phuong really needed my help. My 3 siblings (Ryan, Brendan, Valerie) & brother-in-law (Andrew) all did attend the afternoon tea. They told me that Yuan & Keileng's townhouse in Yeronga was really nice. A shame I missed out, but perhaps I will get a chance to catch up with them next time.

Anyway, we were back at the house in Jamboree Heights in late evening. We helped out with setting up & assembling some furniture items. There were some dirty jokes when Jin, Nigel & myself assembled the dining chairs. There was a minor stuff up when we put together the bookshelf (the top shelf was inside out), & the 3 of us each pointed the finger of blame on anyone but ourselves. It was definitely not my fault! Anyway, we had dinner together. They persuaded me to join them (I was the only one not part of Nigel & Phuong's family), so I did join them. By the time I got home, it was close to 11pm, so I was out for almost 14 hours!



No comments: