Thursday, May 7, 2009

Feeling sore & tired - but so happy to help out

Pastor Ben & his lovely wife Faith just bought a new home in Indooroopilly. Since I got free time to spare (still no work at the moment, unfortunately), I've been helping them out over the past few days with some work at their new home & also with moving/relocating stuff from their rented home nearby.

The work at the new home all relates to the inside of the house - miscellaneous tasks such as preparing the walls & ceilings for painting, the painting itself & cleaning up. A few people from church turned up to help out, & I was very encouraged by their presence. Ben & Faith engaged the services of a couple of Christian painters, but got the help of some church people to help keep the labour costs to a manageable level. So I was more than happy to have the time (but maybe not the skill!!) to help out.

The stuff I did was mainly sealing gaps with some special gap-sealing stuff & also some painting of the walls & ceilings. There was a constant flow of food & drinks, & we all exchanged laughs & banters. And wow, all that work went on for a few days & it was very intensive. I got a workout from all that work like I've never had for ages! Now, I'm feeling sore & tired! My neck, arms, fingers, knees & thighs are all sore! But it was well worth it, to be able to play a small part in helping out a Christian brother & sister. I'm really happy for them, that they have been blessed with a lovely home (I could tell already that it would be lovely once it's ready). God bless them, their 2 little daughters & their home.


No comments: