Monday, April 6, 2009

Bon voyage Maria

Yet another member of our Clay Bible study group is leaving Brisbane. This time, it's Maria. She's heading overseas for a while.

We farewelled her yesterday (Sunday) evening. A group of us headed to the Coorpraoo Bowls Club, but the rain meant no lawn bowls. Instead, we stayed indoors & chit chat, & some of us played pool/snooker & darts. We then headed to the Norman Hotel in Woollongabba for dinner. I had a steak (medium-rare, of course) & it was not bad at all.

I only have good things to say about Maria, & good memories over the years. I remember going up with her & my brother BT to the 2002 YF Camp on Sunday for a day trip, to witness my sister Val get baptised (along with Andrew & a couple of others). Maria drove that day (I parked my car at her place). The 3 of us headed back to Brisbane in the evening & had dinner together at that Tibetan restaurant in New Farm (me & BT misbehaved a bit at the restaurant!), before BT & myself rushed home to watch the 2002 World Cup final. Besides that, there's countless functions (poker, karaoke) over the years where we would hang out with our many mutual friends (mainly fellow Clayers). Aaahhhh, memories......


I will definitely miss Maria's friendship & her presence at our Clay group. I'm sure everyone shares the same sentiments. Maria was the first female friend I met when I joined CCCB some 8 years ago (Hung was the first male friend I met on the same day). Today, Maria & myself are still friends :)

Bon voyage Maria! You will be missed! Come back soon! :)



No comments: