Sunday, June 29, 2008

Euro 2008 final - coming up!

Time flies. After weeks of Euro 2008 football action, now we are down to just 1 more match. The big one, the final, will be on tomorrow morning (Brisbane time). The final will feature the team I predicted will win the tournament before it started (Germany) up against the team I want to see win the tournament (Spain). I predicted that the final would be Germany v Italy. Well, only one half of that prediction came true. The Italians are not in the final because Spain knocked them out in the quarter-finals. So it is the Spaniards up against the Germans.

I am so looking forward to it, hoping for a Spanish victory. Most of my friends want to see Spain win. But even if Spain were to lose, I can at least say they've managed to reach the final. SBS will show the final live, & I will watch it, of course.

SBS had limited rights to the Euro 2008 matches. Setanta Sports are the ones who show all Euro 2008 matches live in full. But I don't have Setanta Sports, so I have to settle with whatever SBS managed to show. SBS showed only a few live games plus hourly evening highlights of every game which I tape & watch in my time. I'm ok with that, I guess - if I watched every game live, I would be a zombie with even less health than what health I currently have (& it's not very much!).....

Anyway, the final is coming up. Hola Espana! Hopefully, it will be a good game. I will blog on my reflections of the final & of the tournament as a whole. Watch this space.


No comments: