Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter break - good but a bit too short

The 4 day Easter break came & went by quickly - too quickly for my liking. I love 4 day weekends - it gives an opportunity to sit back & be lazy. Though with my Easter break, I did anything but sit back. I was up & about.

Let's see what I can remember of my Easter break:

Friday:
I attended Easter day service at church & then we had Mark over for lunch & catch-up.

Saturday:
I picked up my future sister-in-law Nicole from the Gold Coast Airport (Ryan couldn't because he was working), & apart from that didn't do much else. Oh yeah, we had family dinner - Andrew & Val came. Food was nice. Yummmmm.......

Sunday:
Church as usual, then lunched with Nicole, BT, Andrew & Val (unfortunately Ryan was working still so he couldn't join us - ggrrrrr, doctor's schedule is like that) at that Japanese place at Hawken Drive. Effectively it's a family lunch, though my friend Ben C joined us. Then in the evening, I went to Southside church to listen to talk by a visiting elder from an American Chinese church John Huang on "The Meaning of Life".

After having dinner at home, I went out again, with BT to Echoes for karaoke with the Southside Clayers. My buddy Ivan was up in Brisbane for the Easter break, & we caught up with him & enjoyed each other's company (me, BT, Ivan, Maria, Edith, Ed, Jeannie, Sean, Kwang). Of course, I enjoyed myself. I always like karaoke, & though at times I think I'm now too old to do it, when I got the karaoke invitation, there always was going to be one answer from me (yes). The singing was fun. Edith & Maria enjoyed singing their Hongkie songs, it was good to see them going at it. I even managed to sing Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around"....well, yeah, I did. Ivan made me sing Aqua's "Cartoon Heroes", a song I've sung in the past. Hehe.

But me & BT ended up staying for less than 2 hours; whereas the others stayed till 1:30am! Me & BT left karaoke early to pick up Chris Ooi & then Mark to watch live football at our place. Ben C also came over. The matches were billed as blockbuster matches - Man Utd v Liverpool & Chelsea v Arsenal. These are the top 4 football clubs in England. The home teams both won - Man Utd by 3-0 & Chelsea by 2-1. Liverpool had to play with 10 men because Mascherano was sent off when they were losing 1-0; they would have lost anyway even with 11 men because they were rather uninspiring, but surely not by a 3 goal margin. As for the second match, Arsenal scored first but then let in 2 goals to lose the match. I feel Arsenal could have prevented both goals if they had concentrated fully.

Most of us were going for Liverpool &/or Arsenal. We were disappointed by the results (both teams lost). Me, I was disappointed by Liverpool's result, & not so much by Arsenal's result. With Chelsea & Arsenal, I don't mind either team - I just hope 1 of them can go on & prevent Man Utd from retaining the English Premier League title. By the time we slept, it was like 4am.

Monday:
I dropped off Mark & Chris, then had lunch at Shiok (in Eight Mile Plains) with Ivan, Maria, Damien & Grace, before Ivan heads back to Sydney. Jeannie came to Shiok after we finished lunch. Then after dinner, I went to Southside again to listen to another talk from John Huang, this time it is "Patience, Fruit of the Spirit".

Hmm, did I miss anything? Looks like I did quite a fair bit of things, wasn't just sitting around idle all the time. Unfortunately, the Easter break is over. I enjoyed it, but it was so short - just went by like that. You know what? I look forward to the next public holiday already!


No comments: