Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Farewell, my friend

A really good friend of mine (IC) is about to head to Sydney tomorrow, to begin his new adventure. Our Clay group had a farewell hangout for him on Sunday evening, at another friend's place. I managed to hang out with him again this evening, before saying my goodbyes to him (again!).

I found it rather unexpected when he first told me the news a few weeks ago. The Sydney job, apparently found him just as he was looking around in Brisbane. He said he feels it is God's will for him to go there. So there u are, IC is moving.

From a totally selfish point of view, I will really miss him. He's very funny & great to hang around with. I will miss the good times, all the laughs, all the mucking around & all the paying each other out, his imitation of the Indian accent (which I know has fooled a few calllers in thinking he's Indian!), just everything. I will also miss having lunch with him almost every Friday in the Brisbane CBD (although of late, I kinda got used to not lunching with him). Above all, I will miss his Christian brotherly friendship.

Now with his impending departure (& with the benefit of hindsight), I am starting to regret the times when I could have hung out with him (usually at his invitation) but didn't. Such as that time when he phoned me after work & asked me to join him to watch Transformers The Movie on the Thursday of first release, & I didn't because I was apparently tied up at work. Also a couple of other times, when I couldn't (or shall I say, didn't) join him & a few others for poker, because I was "too busy doing other stuff".

However, at the same time, I am very happy for him, because this Sydney opportunity seems to be a good one for him - lots of travelling involved, so it gives him a good chance to go places. As he said, he will let God lead him to wherever He desires for him to go. And I pray, my friend & brother, that He will continue to bless u wherever u go. Selamat jalan (Malaysian for goodbye). However, goodbye doesn't mean forever, & we shall surely meet again. Till then, God bless.

PS: Actually, to be fair, he did say that he will pop in to Brisbane quite often, as part of his job requirements. Which is absolutely fine & good, as we can catch up with him when he's here.


No comments: