Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WrestleMania 24 - a review of sorts

OK, WrestleMania24 has come & gone. So let's look at how my predictions went.

Hmmm, looks like many of my predictions proved correct:

Randy Orton did retain the WWE Championship belt.
The Undertaker did extend his unbeaten WrestleMania streak to 16-0.
Kane did win the Battle Royal before WrestleMania & then win the ECW Championship during WM itself.
Shawn Michaels did beat Rick Flair in the retirement match, thus forcing Flair to retire. The next day on Raw, they had a Flair retirement address, & Triple H had the everyone in WWE (the entire roster, referees, officials etc) come out to farewell him. Thanks for the memories, Rick.
Batista did beat Umaga (not the result I wanted).
JBL did beat Finlay, despite the best efforts of Hornswoggle to help Finlay.

Where I had my predictions wrong:

CM Punk won Money in the Bank Ladder Match (I tipped Jericho to win), so he will have a future title shot at the belt of his choice (he can choose from WWE Championship, World Heavyweight Championship, ECW Championship).
Ashley & Maria didn't win the BunnyMania Lumberjack match - Beth Phoenix & Melina did.
And....The Big Show lost to Floyd Mayweather. Yeah, the wrestler who is more than 7 foot tall lost to a professional boxer in wrestling! But apparently, Mayweather had help from his crew, which was legal because the match was "no disqualification", meaning anything goes. So Mayweather managed to gain the win.

All in all, I don't think I did badly at all with the predictions!


No comments: