Sunday, July 1, 2007

Show me the money!

Tomorrow (Mon, 2 July) is D-day for me. I will have my staff performance & salary review. I don't think I will have too much issues to discuss, as I'm happy overall with work.

However, I want a huge payrise! Maybe I'm a bit greedy. I may be tempted to yell out that famous quote/line from the movie Jerry Maguire: "Show me the money!" Should that happen, it may look funny on video. But whether or not it will go down well with my boss is questionable. I joked with my team mates that I will shout them a huge lunch if my pay gets doubled.
Anyway, whatever happens happens. I should leave it to God.

On a more serious note, a very close friend & brother in Christ will have a job interview tomorrow. I wish him all the best of luck with that interview & will remember him in my prayers. I thank God for our friendship (& with it all the laughs & banter) & for all His blessings on this friend. Long may those blessings continue, & long may our friendship endure.


No comments: